13 April 2010

1 Million Pillowcases

Have you heard about 1 Million Pillowcases???  It's truly inspiring.  Here's the description straight from their website:

Calling all quilters, sewers and crafters! American Patchwork & Quilting is challenging you to join our efforts to Make a Pillowcase, Make a Difference. Every pillowcase can make a difference in your community. A pillowcase can provide comfort for a cancer patient, hope for a foster child, encouragement for a battered woman, or beauty for a nursing home resident.

To participate, find a shop hosting One Million Pillowcase Challenge events in your area. Once your pillowcases are complete and donated locally, log on below to enter how many pillowcases you made. Help us reach our goal of ONE MILLION Pillowcases.


One of the wonderful things about it is that people all over America can get involved with the project but in their own local communities.  It's brilliant and it's easy.  I want to do this in my city - Ottawa, ON.  Since this particular project is American and I live in Canada, I'm going to see if I can get a group of my friends going here as well.  If you're reading this and you want to participate with me, leave a comment and we can coordinate our efforts.  If you make some and you'd like to add some pictures, also leave a comment or send me the pictures through the blog and I will post them!  What a GREAT idea :-)

The website for 1 Million Pillowcases also has free patterns that you can download as well.  Here's one with a very cute material.
Who-who wants to join me??  ...couldn't resist the owl pun, sorry! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment